This unlock bootloader method works on all Xiaomi smartphones. The only exception to unlocking the Xiaomi bootloader is that on some phones you first need to install a weekly firmware build. In the article below you can find firmware version that fit your smartphone model.
IT IS IMPORTANT! In order to successfully unlock bootloader Xiaomi, your smartphone must be tied to Mi account for at least 3 days (or more, it depends on your model).
A preparation for unlock Xiaomi bootloader:
- Go to settings for developers
- Put a checkmark on “Factory unlock”
- Open “Mi Unlock Status”, and then click “Add account and device”
- Go to the site en.miui.com
- In the upper right corner, click Unlock
- In the middle of the screen click on Unlock Now
- Log into your MI account to which the smartphone is tied
- You will see a form for filing an application, enter it:
- Your name
- Select a country
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the reason you want to unlock bootloader Xiaomi (in English!)
- Enter the CAPTCHA, agree to terms and conditions and then click Next
- Click on the button with the Chinese characters, the phone will receive an SMS with a verification code, enter it and click Next
Done! Once your application is approved by Xiaomi, you will receive SMS message with the following content. You have almost reached your goal, you just need to unlock bootloader Xiaomi.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi guide
To unlock bootloader Xiaomi with official tool follow instruction:
- Download MiFlash Unlock
- Run it
- Log into your Mi account
- Turn off your phone
- Hold Volume down + Switch on to enter Fastboot mode
- Connect your phone to your PC
- Click Unlock
- At the end of the unlocking process, click Reboot
Have you managed to unlock bootloader Xiaomi? Share your impressions in the comments below!