Before rooting Xiaomi, be sure that your device has unlocked bootloader. Follow this guide how to root Xiaomi:
- Download and unpack ADB archive on your PC
- Download and save at the internal storage of your phone Magisk.zip or SuperSU.zip (the latest version working on most of Xiaomi smartphones, if it won’t work on your device – write your model in the comments), don’t unpack it
- Save in the ADB folder the latest TWRP for your device, rename it exactly to “twrp.img”
If you don’t know what TWRP and Magisk archives you need – ask it in the comments, don’t forget to write full model of your Xiaomi and MIUI version! For example: “Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A MIUI 9” and I’ll send you archive for rooting Xiaomi you on.
- Go to the developer settings and enable the USB debugging
- Turn off your phone
- Press and hold volume down and power buttons, your phone will enter to the fastboot mode
- Connect your phone to the PC with an USB cable
- Open ADB folder and run “boot_twrp.bat” if you want just boot into TWRP, if you want to flash TWRP instead stock recovery – use “flash_twrp.bat”
- Your phone will enter recovery mode, if TWRP will ask privilege to modify System – allow it
- In the main menu press “Install” and choose Magisk.zip or SuperSU.zip archive, confirm the installing and wait
- After rooting Xiaomi go to the main menu of TWRP and reboot to system
Now you know how to root Xiaomi! How hard was Xiaomi rooting for you? Share your experience in the comments!